about Lompoc Christian Educators:
- After much prayer, Lompoc Christian Educators was begun in late 1991. There was a great need for a Christian support group for homeschoolers, and so the Lord led a group of six homeschooling mothers together with this as their goal. They wanted to be more than an activity group. They wanted to be a group that would know each other well - well enough to know how to pray for each other and encourage each other in their Christian walk and their homeschooling. They saw the need to gather together regularly for that support to happen. LCE joined with a statewide organization (Christian Home Educators Association of California) support network. While they did not want to discourage membership to anyone, they felt it was appropriate for believers to draw apart for fellowship, therefore members are asked to read the Statement-of-Faith from CHEA and be able to whole-heartedly agree with LCE's Statement of Faith. In addition, as a matter of conviction & in response to requests by CHEA & HSLDA (Home School Legal Defense), we have chosen to serve the specific niche of private home educators within the Lompoc area.
- As LCE members we represent Christ to our community. In recognition of that, we strive to live in a manner consistent with the instruction presented in God's Word. As member families, we support each other in that high calling. We look forward to being a resource to you as you explore the possibility of private, Christian homeschooling.
- View the LCE Brochure.pdf"
- For membership information contact our Membership Coordinator . Members stay connected & informed via this website, an email group (called chatline), newsletters, monthly meetings (see events page for listing), a private Facebook page & extra activities like our weekly cooperative & scheduled field trips.
- LCE Alumni (as well as current members) are invited to connect on Facebook by adding "Bredy Bunch" as a friend and letting the administrator know who you are so that you may be added to the group.
links page (more websites to assist you)
Ongoing fundraisers used for miscellaneous printing, postage, graduation ceremony, and meeting prizes (please participate):
SAVE YOUR CAMPBELLS SOUP LABELS http://www.labelsforeducation.com
Disclaimers: LCE does not endorse any of the bravenet advertising that may appear on the website. None of the information on this Web Site is intended as legal advice. Each individual is responsible to seek their own legal information (see link to HSLDA). Please use your own discretion on what linked resources and materials will be useful for your family: LCE cannot continuously review all linked sites for appropriate content. All of the LCE field trips and activities are for member families only unless specifically noted. Visitors are welcome to join us at our regular monthly meetings.